One of the biggest challenges with developing mobile web applications is the ability to debug them. In general the work the same as the desktop browsers and you can use their development tools. But other times it can be a true nightmare when something works everywhere except on the mobile platform.
Fortunately Apple now supports debugging of Mobile Safari on iOS6 through the debugger provided on the Safari 6.0 (Mac Only) browser.
- On the device, go to Settings -> Safari -> Advanced and enable Web Inspector
- On the Mac, go to Safari -> Preferences -> Advanced and enable “Show Develop menu in the menu bar”
- Physically attach the device to the Mac. A device menu will appear under the Develop menu on Safari.
- Select your device and begin debugging.
More detailed versions can be found here:
- Enable Remote Debugging with Safari Web Inspector in iOS 6 by Dave Ackerman
- Quick Tip: Using Web Inspector to Debug Mobile Safari by Jim Nielsen