Jenkins, formerly known as Hudson, is an extensible open source continuous integration server that simplifies the process between development and deployment.
I am installing it for our Windows development environment running Git, MSBuild and perl scripts to do the build. Here are some things that helped getting it working.
- Meet Jenkins (https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Meet+Jenkins)
- Installing Jenkins (https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Installing+Jenkins)
- Bugzilla Plugin
- Change Assemble Version – change the AssemblyVersion of all files named AssemblyInfo.cs
- Git Plugin
- Computer Camp: Jenkins git clone via SSH on Windows 7 x64
- Git plugin timeout is too small
- The Jenkins work space is fairly deep in the default install, leading to long file names. Changing the work space location is one option, see Jenkins file name too long
- MSBuild Plugin
- build .net application in Jenkins using MSBuild – Need to include MSBuilde.exe in the name, even though the UI complains.
- Command Shells
- For Microsoft you need to run commands as “Execute Windows batch command”: Run a command shell in jenkins (SO)
- Also need to reference environment variables as %VARIABLE%,
How are environment variables used in Jenkins with Windows Batch Command?