Western Pennsylvania Regional Data Center (WPRDC) – http://www.wprdc.org/ , a site for public data sets in the Pittsburgh Region.
Looked at some cool data sets including:
- Pittsburgh City Trees (https://data.wprdc.org/dataset/pittsburgh-city-trees) which is a listing of all of the city maintained tress including location (stree address, lat/long), type of tree, last inspection date, etc.
- Allegheny Count Property Assessments (https://data.wprdc.org/dataset/property-assessments)
- Pittsburgh Steps (http://gis.pittsburghpa.gov/steps/)
- PGH SNAP (https://data.wprdc.org/dataset/pgh), City of Pittsburgh census data
- Alllegheny Count Parks Data Web Map (https://data.wprdc.org/dataset/allegheny-county-parks-data-web-map) with detailed maps of the parks
- Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Reports (https://public.tableau.com/profile/alleghenycountydhsdare#!/vizhome/UCRCityofPittsburgh2005-August2015/UCRDB)
- Top 10 Drugs Recorded on Death Certificates (http://www.overdosefreepa.pitt.edu/top-10-drugs-present-by-year/)
- Tableau also looks like an incredible tool for visualing data (https://public.tableau.com/s/) which I’ll need to learn more about too.